Don't know what this is? See the description in this post! Also see the FAQ.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Book 3, Chapter 1-1

Book Three


“Almonihah is... a very private man. Even after traveling with him for these years I feel I know little of him. And yet, for all this, we have become friends. Why? I think it is, that deep beneath the hardness he wears, beats a heart as dedicated to the defense of others as my own. I have seen the danger he has braved for the sake of a child, and I have seen his anger at those who would prey upon the innocent. For all that we follow different gods, yet are many of our goals the same.”

“Do I agree with his... attitude? I do not think it right for me to judge. Until these conversations, I did not know much of his history. I suspected rather quickly that he was... wounded, perhaps, is the best way to say it, but little more.”

“Zakhin'Dakh? He is quite the contrast, is he not? While I cannot understand his speech, yet his enthusiasm, his curiosity, his simple joy in life are clear. I would consider myself his friend, yes. He is certainly capable of such relationships.” --Garkhen


Garkhen? S'pose I've gotten used t' him. Good t' have in a fight. Good person, too.” --Almonihah




Chapter 1: Unusual Alliance

“I would not say I believe in fate as such. That is to say, I do not believe our choices are made ahead of time for us, that we are simply actors following a script rather than writing our own lives. That does not mean, however, that I do not believe the gods take a hand in our lives. On the contrary, as a servant of Bahamut, I am certain that he directs my course at times. But my choices remain my own.” --Garkhen 


*****************

Apologies for the late post. It's entirely the fault of Dungeon of the Endless.

And yes, Garkhen is much more talkative than Almonihah. If it's not clear, the Book 3 quotes are quotes Elque must have gotten from talking to each of them about the other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment